Monday, March 5, 2007

The Reality

She stood there alone, tears rolling down her round face, exposing her age lines, her sliver white hair, fluffed in a little ball. She wore an old t-shirt, faded black athletic shorts and shoes with no socks.

It was 2:30 in the morning and the old lady stood there, outside of intensive care unit hoping for a miracle. I wanted to comfort her and tell her it would be alright, but who the hell am I to say that? I have no idea what she is going through. Maybe it wouldn't be alright. Instead I said nothing and continued to deliver supplies.

I sure later some religious person will tell her God has a plan and God heals all, but where in the hell was God on that dark lonely night? Doctors tried in vain to make his heart beat again. The dying patient was her son.


That was depressing. Here's link to the new Simpsons Movie trailer.

1 comment: